Pages

Old sayings ring true

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"

How many times has this applied in your life? In mine, I've lost count. I feel I'm constantly starting over, reinventing, rejuvinating, or reevaluating a portion of my life. Today is no different. After a solid week of working out daily I am elated at how wonderful I feel, so I woke up with the notion that I would take this weight loss seriously and on a whim, joined weight watchers online. I've been a part of weight watchers in the past when I thought I was super huge and fat and ugly and disgusting - at 135lbs. What a misconception that was, eh? I can't blame myself - I was only 23 at the time and when everyone around me is stick thin my curves made me feel like a fatty. Man, if only........ LOL. I was successful at losing 10 lbs and had no trouble at all sticking to my diet. The problem today is that I am cooking for an entire family whose tastes are diverse and varied. Richard is meat and potatoes all the way, while the kiddos are into kid food or anything pasta. They won't touch a potato in any form. No french fry, no mashed potato, nothing!!!! You can see how this poses a problem. The "2011 Jen" will find a way to overcome this obstacle while also meeting my own needs. Watch out world, I'm on a roll :)

No comments: