Pages

Missing my baby

Blake turned 1 this past weekend, and with that celebration many other amazing milestones will continue to follow. It's hard when the baby is no longer a baby, especially knowing those days are just memories and will never be lived again. Neither with him, nor with another child since there will be more babies for us. This last year has been fleeting and bittersweet to say the least. There are so many things about my babies that I miss already, but I am so in love who they are today.

This baby boy has been such an extrordinary sleeper at night and at nap time, causing us to miss out on who he is on a daily basis, on top of missing his passing babyhood. Being with a sitter all day on top of his marathon sleep schedule doesn't afford us any time with him during the week except while rushing through dinner, then on to the bath and about 30 minutes of playtime. By then he's begging to be put to bed. I'm sad to be missing so much of who he is and what he's doing.

1 comment:

No No said...

I wish that you could figure out a way to work at home, honey.