Pages

My joy is pure and simple

Back to the blog. Seems I can’t stick with it mainly due to the large amounts of crap going on in my brain. I’ve never had a good outlet and tend to keep things in whether they’re good, bad or somewhere in between. I want to write, but most times I’m just blocked. My inspiration comes from my children these days and I could write novels about them, and I will. Starting with my angel girl.

This summer has been so rewarding with her. She is far beyond her mere 2 ½ years. She’s 2 going on 12 and to be honest, at times it doesn’t scare me. She has us rolling with laughter, watching with amazement, and speechless with adoration at her ability to comprehend the world around her. The most amazing thing to me is her speech. Let me refresh by saying she was an early talker. She babbled from the get-go. She blabbered, jibbered, and sang her little heart out before she could sit up. She sat in her crib for what seemed like hours letting her singsong voice carry over the baby monitor, sometimes pausing to cry or yell, then continuing on in bliss. Every car ride from the time she was 4 months old was filled with her hums, moans, and blabbering as she would fall asleep from the motion of the ride.

By the time she turned one her vocabulary was made up of words like uh-oh, nite-nite, goggy (doggy), ba-ba, da-da, ba-ba (by-bye) and up.

At 18 months when little man B was born she was saying all the neighbor kids names, naming animals, talking to her baby brother (calling him Gake), saying diaper, potty, pee-pee, shew, nasty, and all sorts of things that impressed the heck out of us.

Now at 2 ½ she is telling Daddy that Mommy is mean, that Caeser is bad, that little man B is cute, and shouts hello to the neighbors by name. She tells me when she gets a boo boo that we have to go the the hospital, and asks for a hairbrush to brush her hair. She knows all her baby dolls by name (names that she and I gave them together) and sings all her nursery rhymes with most of the right words.

As most parents do, we wonder what type of person we will have the joy of loving for the rest of our lives. I can tell you she is a fighter, an in-your-face kind of feisty arguer, a hands on do-it-myself-or-else kind of girl. She is a sassy little dancer and singer who knows how to get your attention to be seen and heard. I know she’s only 2, but we are dying to know who this little girl really is.

No comments: