Pages

Sleepy Eyed

Today we are all tired. For the past few nights Lauren has been crying out in the night, in what sounds like a dream state and carrying on for a good while. She calls for me over and over and sometimes falls back asleep. Lately she's been adimant about sleeping with her door open and now she wants the hall light on (which I won't do) so I think this could be the start of some of the normal childhood fears.

My heart aches for my babies when I am away from them, even if it is just sleeping in the next room. We've always put a little extra work into seeing that our children would be good sleepers, which I know is not always in our control but we've done something right with these two babies. Sometimes I secretly wish that they needed to be rocked or comforted to sleep, or just wanted to sleep in our bed because there just isn't enough time in my day to hold them as much as we'd all like. So last night, straight from a deep sleep, I fumbled up stairs with excitement that I would get a quiet visit with one of my babies for the first time in a very long time. At one point while snuggled face to face I whispered to her "I love you sugar" and in reply she said "I love you baby". She called me baby! Much to my delight (and a little concern)I could hear Blake occasionally coughing in the next room, reminding me how close I was to the ones I love most. If only he needed as much from me as his sister does.............

No comments: