Pages

Time keeps on ticking...ticking...ticking

Close to one year ago today we were impatiently waiting our scheduled induced delivery of the little one that would make our lives complete. Blake is about to turn one and I have no idea where this year has gone. All parents say that and I know for sure they all mean it. Time mysteriously slips away when you have children. Our life has been a complete whirlwind since August of last year. We have been blessed with the most docile and gentle boy one could ever ask for. My Blake is predictable, flexible, and so extremely easy going. So much that I worry I'm not givng him enough. He doesn't ask for much so we just don't have to focus on his nearly as much as his tantrum throwing older sister. He fits into our picture so perfectly and requires little more than food and sleep. Honestly. At one, he sill sleeps more than any baby I know. When he's awake he wants to eat. Alot. He is so ticklish and giggles the most adorable little sheepish giggle you have ever heard. He is quiet and independent, and content just to explore the house in his own world. I do find it odd that he doesn't get into anything. I mean, nothing! No drawers, no nothing.

Both of my children's baby books are jam packed full of every memory and tidbit that I didn't want to be forgotten. Things like what they ate, when they slept, when they did anything and everything, how I felt all during their first year, and (for Lauren) every milestone, event, and funny thing is still recorded. Sadly I am out of room in Lauren's book but Blakes is still going strong. I enjoy looking back at what they did and remembering how I felt at all those times. Our memories are strong but it's inevitable that we will lose certain bits and memories over time. I already have. Even now there are things I could not remember without opening those baby books. As my children get older their baby books will be a treasured place for me to run to when I want to remember who my babies were.

It saddens me that some of the things I feel and experience now will eventually be replaced by new feelings and memories. While I look forward to new memories, I do not want to forget one single solitary thing about these times right here and right now.

No comments: